Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kickin' it off with the dreamtastic iron and wine


When I first encountered the sounds of Sam Beam's silky, yet ashen voice, and that twangy, melodious banjo that made my mind wander to a barefoot childhood full of sweet smelling summers and innocent mischief, I went through a good month or two of ultra OCDelicious obsession. Iron and Wine became one of those bands that saved me from the everyday robotics of life, transported my mind to thoughtful, thinly veiled dreams and made me wish I could grow a wicked beard (yes thats right) and drink cold lemonade on the front porch. His deep thoughts and lament for passing moments and forgotten lovers makes even the most nostalgic poets' work child's play.

This song in particular, Resurrection Fern, remains on repeat, even when my sisters beg for Baby Bash's, Cyclone...but that is for another day's topic. In the meantime, grab a seat in Grandma's rocking chair, press play, and dream of happy moments soon to come.

http://www.speedofdark-web.com/speedofdark/2007/Best-2007/Iron%20and%20Wine_08-Resurrection%20Fern.mp3

No comments: