Friday, April 10, 2009

The Streets-The Edge of a Cliff

I think I've always liked the Streets, at least since his A Grand Don't Come for Free album. I'm not sure exactly why I like him so much. It could be the unpretentious introspection or the frankness. Either way if you aren't a fan of rap per se you need to spend a little time with Mike Skinner

Some notables-
Blinded by the Lights
Dry Your Eyes
and on a less serious tone
Fit but You Know It

The reason for the post is the leading track for a new album released a few days ago. The Edge of a Cliff may be abrasive at first but is very well crafted lyrically and shows growth from the english songsmith. Visually- well let's just say I'm jealous of the man's rapid beard growth.

Enjoy the streets, add him to your list of white rappers that aren't Aesop Rock.

No comments: