Monday, September 29, 2008

Okkervil River



I can't stop listening to the new album "The Stand Ins." In an attempt to impress a girl I had marked their concert on my calendar. As the show came closer the girl changed but the objective remained the same: impress girl with depth of indie knowledge.

She said she was into going to the show. Then I realized the only exposure i had to Okkervil River was a streaming concert I had listened to months ago on NPR. So I downloaded the most recent album from the band. It's great. This falls into a category of bands and music that is yet to be named but is best described in quoting my brother when he was telling me about Pavement 6 years ago. "I think I like the music because it's music that i feel we could make. It's toe tapping, not head banging and sloppy." The writing is clever and fun.

In short Okkervil River is fun, smart and OCDELICIOUS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laci and I just go itno Okkervil River and love them. Check out the stage names if you haven't already. Scott Harbertson